I need full-time student financial assistance
Apply for a student loan
Here's what you need to know about full-time student loans:
- Interest will be paid by the provincial and federal governments while you are attending school full-time.
- You must be enrolled in at least 60% (40% for students with permanent disabilities) of a full-time course load.
- Repayment will begin six months after your studies end.
- You are responsible for repaying the total amount loaned to you.
When you are approved for student loan funding, you will receive a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement. This document is a legal contract with the provincial and federal governments. Read the terms and conditions to learn what your responsibilities are from application to repayment.
Other funding programs
The following programs may also help you.
- Adult upgrading grant
- B.C. access grant for labour market priorities
- Canada grant for students from low-income families
- Canada grant for students from middle-income families
- Irving K. Barber scholarship programs
- Lieutenant Governor's medal
- Pacific Leaders Programs for Public Service Employees
- The nurses education bursary
Are you an apprentice?
You may be eligible for financial supports during your apprenticeship. Learn about the financial supports available for apprentices in British Columbia.