Full-time student funding

I need full-time student financial assistance

Apply for a student loan

Here's what you need to know about full-time student loans:

  • Interest will be paid by the provincial and federal governments while you are attending school full-time.
  • You must be enrolled in at least 60% (40% for students with permanent disabilities) of a full-time course load.
  • Repayment will begin six months after your studies end.
  • You are responsible for repaying the total amount loaned to you.

When you are approved for student loan funding, you will receive a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement. This document is a legal contract with the provincial and federal governments. Read the terms and conditions to learn what your responsibilities are from application to repayment.

Find out more about determining your eligibility or how to apply for a loan.

Other funding programs

The following programs may also help you.

Are you an apprentice?
You may be eligible for financial supports during your apprenticeship. Learn about the financial supports available for apprentices in British Columbia.

I have a permanent disability : Full time studies

If you have a documented permanent disability and will be studying at a designated post-secondary institution, the following programs may help you.

Provincial grants and bursaries

Federal grants and bursaries

Other resources

I am on income assistance

Normally, students are not eligible to receive income assistance benefits while they are attending post-secondary studies, with the exception of students with permanent disabilities who receive disability assistance.

Contact your employment assistance worker to discuss your education plans and the financial assistance available to you.