What do I need to do if my file is restricted while my information is verified?
If your file is restricted while your information is verified, you will need to support your application with documentation. For this reason, please keep all receipts and other documents that may be needed, including:
- cancelled cheques and/or cash withdrawal receipts
- bank and other financial statements
- child support receipts
- spousal support and maintenance receipts
- utility bills
- residential tenancy agreements
- day-care payment receipts/contracts
- day-care subsidy records
- income statements
- income tax returns and notices of assessments
- T4 and other information slips
- pay stubs
- records of employment, and
- financial statements
By responding quickly to requests for information, you can avoid delays in processing your student financial aid file and/or program application. Funding will be withheld until the verification of information is completed.
The following may be considered fraud and restrict you from further financial assistance:
- false or misleading statements,
- failure to fully disclose information,
- acts of document tampering or forgery
Suspected fraud will be sent to the RCMP for formal investigation and may result in charges under the Criminal Code of Canada.