What should I do if any information I provided in my application has changed?
You must report any changes that affect the accuracy of the financial need and eligibility information in your student assistance application. Changes include but are not limited to:
- Any new financial resources not listed in your application.
- Any changes to the financial resources listed on your application.
- Income, assets or investments of your parents/step-parents/sponsor/legal guardian.
- Your program of study or study period dates.
- Your marital status before the first day of classes.
- Your living situation before the first day of classes (such as whether you are living in a home owned or rented by your parents, or living away from your parents' home).
- The birth or adoption of a child
Request for Reassessment for Canada Student Grant Eligibility
(For full-time adult borrowers who have been out of high school for 10 years or more)
If you applied for full-time StudentAid BC funding and were not eligible for Canada Student Grants based on your previous year’s total family income, you may request a reassessment if there has been, or you anticipate there will be, a decrease in your income and/or your spouse/common-law partner’s income (if applicable). Complete and submit Appendix 9.
Have you changed your name?
Please submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your Social Insurance Number card/letter or a copy of an official Government of Canada document that includes your Social Insurance Number;
- A copy of government-issued identification clearly indicating your name, date of birth and gender.
Note: StudentAid BC checks the validity of your identification each time you apply; therefore, don’t forget to document your change of name with Service Canada at: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml.