Canada Student Grant for Students with Disabilities
This program helps full-time or part-time students with a permanent disability, or a persistent or prolonged disability with the cost of education.
What is available?
$2,000 per program year (August 1 to July 31).
*Note: the above Canada Student Grant amount is temporarily increased by 40% from 2019/20 pre-pandemic levels until July 31, 2024.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- qualify for a federal student loan
- are enrolled in full-time or part-time studies at a designated post-secondary institution
- have a permanent disability, or a persistent or prolonged disability as defined by the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program
Please see the Canada.ca site for full eligibility requirements.
How do I apply?
- There is no need to apply for this grant . You will be automatically assessed for the Canada Student Grant for Students with Disabilities if you have previously submitted verification of your disability to StudentAid BC.
- If you have a permanent disability, or a persistent or prolonged diability, but it has not been verified by StudentAid BC, complete the Appendix 8 – Disability Programs Application form.
- For more information contact us or visit the federal Canada.ca site.