StudentAid BC fillable PDF forms are designed to make it easier for you to enter, correct, and save information while completing the form. They provide instructions and upfront validation of the information that you have entered to help reduce errors and avoid delays in the processing of your form. These forms require the use of the free version of Adobe Reader software.
Important information about fillable forms
Download the latest version of the free Adobe Reader software.
- The information you enter in these fillable forms will NOT be electronically transmitted to StudentAid BC.
- Our fillable forms enable you to start with a blank form, enter data, and save it.
How to complete fillable PDF forms
- Use the mouse to select (click on) a specific field.
- Use the Tab key to move through the fields. Shift + Tab will take you to the previous field.
- Use the space bar, or click the mouse button, to mark or unmark a box.
- If a form is more than one page, use the scroll bar to move from page to page.
- You can save the form as an electronic copy for your records or you can click on the Reset button (available only on some forms) to clear all the entered data to protect your information from being accessed by any other users of the computer.
- Follow the instructions on how to submit your completed form.
- Opening these forms may take a little longer to allow the enhanced features to load.
The most common issue that people encounter when attempting to open PDF forms is browser-based. Instead of using the free version of Adobe Reader, some browsers try to open the PDF form with their own viewer which can't properly handle the enhanced PDF content.
Smartphone and Tablet
Most mobile devices allow users to open and view PDF forms but the current generation of Adobe Reader for mobile devices does not allow you to complete our application forms.
Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari
The integrated PDF viewers in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari will not allow you to properly complete our forms. Make sure Adobe Reader is installed. Internet Explorer is not supported.
How to download and open fillable PDF forms
You can save a local copy of the PDF form to your computer then open and complete it.
- Right-click on the form link and select:
- Save Link As... (if using Chrome, Firefox or Edge); or
- Download Linked File As... (if using Safari).
- In the new window, select Desktop then click Save.
- Locate the form on your Desktop, right-click and select Open With, then select Adobe Reader.
- You can now complete and save your PDF form.
Clearing the browser cache
When using downloadable forms it is a good practice to clear your browser cache regularly as this:
- prevents you from using old forms by removing past stored information/downloads;
- frees up some space on your computer helping applications to run better; and
- helps resolve general performance problems.
Clearing the cache is different for every browser. Select the browser you are using and follow the instructions: