B.C. access grant for deaf students
This grant helps deaf and hard of hearing students with the additional costs incurred while attending specialized post-secondary institutions where curriculum is delivered in American Sign Language.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- establish that you are deaf or hard of hearing
- can demonstrate financial need
- are attending an eligible institution (see below)
- Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C.
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, New York
How do I apply?
- 1 Complete the Appendix 8 form.
Section 4 (Verification of Permanent Disability) must be completed by a qualified medical assessor.
- 2 Submit the documentation along with an audiogram to StudentAid BC for assessment. Remember to indicate the school you will be attending.
You do not need to complete the Verification of Permanent Disability section of your application if you have previously established your permanent disability status with StudentAid BC.