B.C. Access Grant for Deaf Students
This grant helps deaf and hard of hearing students with the additional costs incurred while attending specialized post-secondary institutions where curriculum is delivered in American Sign Language.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- establish that you are deaf or hard of hearing
- can demonstrate financial need
- are attending an eligible institution (see below)
- Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C.
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, New York
How do I apply?
- 1 Complete the Appendix 8 form.
Section 4: Verification of Disability (Permanent or Persistent/Prolonged) must be completed by a qualified medical assessor.
- 2 Submit the documentation along with an audiogram to StudentAid BC for assessment. Please remember to indicate the post-secondary institution you will be attending.
You do not need to complete Section 4 of the Appendix 8 if your disability status has previously been verified by StudentAid BC.