B.C. access grant for deaf students
Loan application instructions for the 2016/2017 program year (for classes starting between Aug 1 2016 and July 31 2017)
This grant helps deaf and hard of hearing students with the additional costs incurred while attending specialized post-secondary institutions where curriculum is delivered in American Sign Language.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- establish that you are deaf or hard of hearing
- can demonstrate financial need
- are attending an eligible institution (see below)
- Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C.
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, New York
How do I apply?
- 1 Complete the Appendix 8 form.
Section 4 (Verification of Permanent Disability) must be completed by a qualified medical assessor.
- 2 Submit the documentation along with an audiogram to StudentAid BC for assessment. Remember to indicate the school you will be attending.
PDF - 462 KB