Part-time student funding

Loan and grant funding is available to students attending post-secondary studies part-time.

I need part-time student financial assistance

Apply for a student loan

If you are studying part-time at a designated post-secondary institution in Canada you may be eligible for the federal part-time student loan program.

Unlike full-time funding, students applying for part-time funding apply through the province where they will be living while attending school.

The assessment for part-time students is also different than for full-time students. The part-time student loan program does not cover living costs. It allows for:

  • tuition,
  • books,
  • supplies,
  • transportation, and
  • child care up to the funding maximums.

Part-time studies application

PDF - 849 kb

Other funding programs

The following programs may also help you:

I have a permanent disability