Canada student grant for part-time students with dependants
This program helps part-time students with dependants with the cost of education.
What is available?
Students studying part-time who qualify for this grant and who have up to two children under 12 years of age may be eligible for up to
$40 $80* per week of study. Students studying part-time with three or more dependent children may be eligible for $60 $120* per week of study.
You could receive up to
$1,920 $3,840* each school year (August 1 to July 31). You can get this grant for each year of your studies (including undergraduate and graduate levels) as long as you still qualify. The amount of the grant will not exceed your assessed need.
*Note: The above amounts have been temporarily increased until the end of July 2023 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for student financial assistance
- are enrolled in part-time studies at a designated post-secondary institution in Canada
- have a dependant under 12 years of age at the beginning of the study period (or a dependant 12 years of age or older with a permanent disability)
- have an assessed financial need that is greater than $5,200 if you have no other part-time Canada student loans; or
- have other part-time Canada student loans or have an assessed financial need that is greater than $4,000 less any outstanding part-time loans plus $1,200.
Please see the Canada.ca site for full eligibility requirements.