Canada student grant for part-time students with dependants
Loan application instructions for the 2016/2017 program year (for classes starting between Aug 1 2016 and July 31 2017)
This program helps part-time students with dependants with the cost of education.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for student financial assistance
- are enrolled in part-time studies at a designated post-secondary institution in Canada
- have a dependant under 12 years of age at the beginning of the study period (or a dependant 12 years of age or older with a permanent disability)
- have an assessed financial need that is greater than $5,200 if you have no other part-time Canada student loans; or
- have other part-time Canada student loans or have an assessed financial need that is greater than $4,000 less any outstanding part-time loans plus $1,200.
Please see the Canada.ca site for full eligibility requirements.