Starting your repayment early will reduce your debt load after graduation because payments are applied directly to the outstanding principal balance.
Contact the lender(s) holding your student loans to arrange repayment if you:
- have finished your program;
- have transferred to part-time studies;
- are taking time off;
- have withdrawn from school completely;
- want to make payments while still in school; or
- have reached your lifetime limit for student financial assistance and you are still in full-time studies, but you did not apply for a payment referral via the NSLSC or by submitting a Schedule 2 Confirmation of Enrolment form