B.C. Student Loans
B.C. Student Loan borrowers who hold a Canada-B.C. integrated student loan and who have lost their eligibility for B.C. student financial assistance because they defaulted and wish to rehabilitate their B.C. student loan must:
- Repay the outstanding debt and all associated fees in full, or
- Meet all of the following criteria:
- Contact Revenue Services of British Columbia (RSBC) and negotiate a payment schedule;
- Repay RSBC all outstanding interest, NSF charges and other fees associated with the B.C. Student Loan;
- Once all outstanding interest and fees are paid off, make the equivalent of two monthly loan payments based on the payment schedule outlined with RSBC; and
- Ensure that RSBC repayment requirements are kept up to date until the rehabilitation request is approved.
- (i) If you hold a direct lend loan and your rehabilitation is approved, you will receive a letter from National Student Loans Service Centre notifying you that your loan is rehabilitated and that it has been sent to the National Student Loans Service Centre for collection management.
- (ii) If you hold a Guaranteed student loan and your rehabilitation is approved you will receive a letter from StudentAid BC notifying you that your loan has been rehabilitated and RSBC will contact you regarding continued repayment.
Revenue Services of British Columbia
PO Box 9401
Victoria, B.C. V8W 9V1
1-866-345-3930 (toll free)
(250) 405-4412 or (250) 405-4410