What changes should I report?

You should report any changes that affect the accuracy of the financial need and eligibility information in your student assistance application. Changes include but are not limited to:

  • Any new financial resources not listed in your application.
  • Any changes to the financial resources listed on your application.
  • Income, assets or investments of your parents/step-parents/sponsor/legal guardian.
  • Your program of study or study period dates.
  • Your marital status before the first day of classes.
  • Your living situation before the first day of classes (such as whether you are living in a home owned or rented by your parents, or living away from your parents' home).
  • The birth or adoption of a child

Request for Reassessment for Canada Student Grant Eligibility
(For full-time adult borrowers who have been out of high school for 10 years or more)

If you applied for full-time StudentAid BC funding and were not eligible for Canada Student Grants based on your previous year’s total family income, you may request a reassessment if there has been, or you anticipate there will be, a decrease in your income and/or your spouse/common-law partner’s income (if applicable). Complete and submit Appendix 9.

Have you changed your name?

Please submit the following documentation:

  • A copy of your Social Insurance Number card/letter or a copy of an official Government of Canada document that includes your Social Insurance Number;
  • A copy of government-issued identification clearly indicating your name, date of birth and gender.

Note: StudentAid BC checks the validity of your identification each time you apply; therefore, don’t forget to document your change of name with Service Canada at: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml.

Contact Us
Toll-free Canada/US
Outside North America