Am I eligible for in-study payment free status?

If you are enrolled in full-time studies at a designated institution, you may be eligible for in-study payment-free status.

  • You must either apply for further student financial assistance or apply for in-study payment-free status.
  • Your school must confirm your enrolment.
  • You must not have any outstanding interest owed on your student loans.
  • You must not have any restrictions preventing you from being eligible for a funded term.
Note: If you have outstanding interest owing on your Canada-B.C. integrated student loan before the Confirmation of Enrolment is received and after your in-study start date, you will be required to pay any accumulated interest before your loan can be put into in-study payment-free status.