How do I change my name/gender/date of birth?

To change your name, date of birth, or gender, please submit the following documentation:

  • A copy of your Social Insurance Number card/letter or a copy of an official Government of Canada document that includes your Social Insurance Number;
  • A copy of government-issued identification clearly indicating your name, date of birth and gender.

If changing your name, please ensure that your new name is reflected on your identification.

PLEASE NOTE: The name on the government-issued ID must match your Social Insurance Number card/letter and/or official Government of Canada documentation in order to process your name change.

Send documentation to StudentAid BC at:


Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills
StudentAid BC
PO Box 9173
Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9H7