Youth Futures Education Fund
The Youth Futures Education Fund has been established to provide a grant to recipients of the Former Youth in Care Provincial Tuition Waiver, to assist with supplemental educational funding for expenses such as books, housing, utilities, or emergency situations.
What is available?
The amount of funding will be determined by the information you provide on your Youth Futures Education Fund application and the outcome of the assessment by your institutional official.
Am I eligible?
To be considered for the Youth Futures Education Fund, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a student attending a public post-secondary institution on a Youth in Care Provincial tuition waiver;
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in a program;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Be in good standing, attending class on a regular basis and progressing satisfactorily. Exceptional circumstances that prevent students from being in good standing or attending will be considered on a case by case basis.
How do I apply?
- Contact the Financial Aid & Awards office at your B.C. public post-secondary institution’s campus and ask for an application form.
- Complete application form and submit to the Financial Aid and Awards office at your campus.
- Provide any relevant documentation that supports your request for assistance (e.g. copy of book receipts, rent receipts, utility bills, etc.).
Please visit the Youth Futures Education Fund website for more information.