B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates
Effective August 1, 2020, the B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates has been discontinued. However, you may still be eligible to apply for this grant if you have successfully completed an eligible program on or before July 31, 2020 and apply within one year of your study period end date (the last day of your studies to earn your credential).
The B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates is designed to help reduce your British Columbia student loan debt upon graduation.
What is available?
Payments are made only on the amount of the B.C. student loan outstanding as of your study period end date up to a maximum of $500. The B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates is applied to the outstanding B.C. portion of the Canada-B.C. integrated student loan, not to provincial student loans from other provinces.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- have graduated from a B.C. public or an accredited private training school
- have received a B.C. student loan
- have graduated from an eligible undergraduate program on or before July 31, 2020 that is at least two years in length and led to a diploma or undergraduate degree in one of the targeted areas of study
- apply for the B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates within one year from your study period end date (the last day of your studies to earn your credential, not your date of convocation)
- include a sealed official transcript indicating a credential was granted or an original signed letter from your faculty confirming graduation requirements have been met (photocopies are not acceptable.) If you are submitting a signed letter from the faculty in lieu of the transcript, please be sure the letter includes the last day of studies
- are not restricted while your information is verified, in default, delinquent, in bankruptcy or have an overaward
Additional Important Information:
- you must have a StudentAid BC online account to receive all notifications
- students in certificate or professional programs such as law, medicine, dentistry or graduate studies are not eligible for this grant
- this grant will be applied to your account and is not considered taxable income
- you will not receive a T4A.
- the B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates will be paid on the B.C. portion of your Canada-B.C. integrated student loan amount outstanding
- eligible applicants can receive the B.C. Completion Grant for Graduates only once per lifetime
How do I apply?
- 1 Read these instructions and conditions carefully.
- 2 View the list of eligible areas of study as defined on the application.
|List of eligible program areas of study|