Canada student grant for students with permanent disabilities
This program helps part-time or full-time students with permanent disabilities with the cost of education.
What is available?
$2,000 $4,000* per program year (August 1 to July 31).
*Note: The above amount has been temporarily increased for 2020/21 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you:
- qualify for a federal student loan
- are enrolled in full-time or part-time studies at a designated post-secondary institution
- have a permanent disability as defined by the Canada Student Loan Program
Please see the Canada.ca site for full eligibility requirements.
How do I apply?
- There is no need to apply for this grant . You will be automatically assessed when you apply for a student loan if you have previously submitted verification of your permanent disability to StudentAid BC.
- If you have not yet established your permanent disability with StudentAid BC, complete a permanent disability programs application form.
- For more information contact us or visit the federal Canada.ca site.
Permanent Disability Programs Application
PDF - 223.21 KB